Whims, the creatures that emerged in Pixel Tower due to whimification.
The whims are derived from mankind’s (referring to any Casual Body) conception, whether it is an existing creature or a fantastic imaginary story. It appears unreasonable but also tugs people at their heartstrings.
No whims are originated from nothing. Men’s fear of the abyss gave birth to the first generation of whims; but men’s imagination is indefinite, they contemplate, and they will exploit the wondrous results to their benefit. Even the whims are only a negligible drop in the great expanse of man’s minds.
"From the totemic age, humans already had the mindset that disasters are caused by monsters or mythological creatures (dragons, ogres), and this mindset was not changed even until the scientific age that eradicated the fog.In traditional Asian cultures, the spirits have engaged in an indispensable mission of inheriting moral values, the daemons and ancestors, however, maintain the distinctive oriental familial concept. Dreams and fantasies of men, incessant for thousands and hundreds of years, have laid the foundation of modern society: the legends and myths have been rebaptized as cultural genes, which exist in every cell of us and are flowing freely in our veins.Those spirits and myths weaved our vivid world of diversity and individualism; their scent entangles the nerves at the tip of the nose; their silhouettes overlap and blend with reality; they sprout and settle in minds, which provide them with the perfect cradle for their mitosis and evolution. I call them "whims". It is the human consciousness that gives it a form, similarly, it can eliminate its existence as well, just like an idea can sprout or disappear in a flash.In the infinite concept of imagination, human beings, as the creators, are relatively immortal, while the whims are nothing more than parasitic creatures of men's intellectuality: they are "objects", the defective illusions of tangible entities.” ——Project Phigros
Spawning & Whimifying
Whimify is a peculiar phenomenon that exists exclusively in Pixel Tower. Low-level Whimifying can recreate organic and inorganic substances that have disappeared in long-drawn history, and high-level Whimifyimg can construct imaginative unprecedented creatures. For any existing concepts, after being abstracted by human beings and forming a mythological precipitate which oversaturates the amount of information it could contain as in its basic material state, it will erode (overwrite) the pixel tower in the form of whimification. However, if the information provided is defective or unilateral, either no products are conceived, or the creation (the whim) does not appear the same as intended.
- Whims could be classified through Class I-V according to their whimification abilities.
- Whims of Class I are innocuous and incapable of whimifying the environment.
- Whims of Class II have minor whimification abilities.
- Whims of Class III have increased whimification capabilities; This is the minimum class of fantastic whims (those who do not have direct counterparts in Limbo Reality).
- Whims of Class IV could gain consciousness and evolve without whimification. All of their activities will whimify the interacting entity.
- Whims of Class V are highly self-conscious while having similar intellectualities as the Pioneers. Only a few of them will not whimify the environment.
The generation value determines the existence and procreation of a whim. If human imagination or desire precipitated the generation value of a conceptional creature to exceed its recreation standard, that is, the spawning threshold, then the whim will appear in Pixel Tower.
Fantastic whims spawning
- Similar to William Douglas Home's theory, if a fictional entity is intended to be created, it needs to "borrow" concepts or ideas of other existing entities. For example, the fundamental references used by Miss Samuelle include Samuel and Noah (not the only ones). Samuel, the final biblical judge of Israel, was begged from [DATA EXPUNGED] by the citizens. The Israelites abandoned theocracy for the monarchy to reform into a more unified government to defend against hostile tribes. However, as a result of recognizing the new king, he lost the rule of the Levites thereafter. This coincides with the desertion of the first Ark; Noah was ordered to construct an ark so that the ignorant creatures could survive the flood. Nevertheless, it's hard to say that the family of Noah are the only surviving humans in his entire bloodline; even the concept of Noah himself tends to become abstract and blurred in recent years, resulting in the incompetence of Miss Samuelle “borrowing” substantial ideas from him. Although reluctant, she still managed to construct an ark while obtaining the ability of [CENSORED].
- Furthermore, this entity must have a physical appearance which is collectively recognized by all the Casual Bodies providing its generation value. For example, Miss Samuelle's semblance as a whim was [DATA EXPUNGED] and [DATA EXPUNGED], as well as [CENSORED], which is used as her current outfit.
- The scope of influence after the materialization of the fantastical concept should be fully considered. For example, the whim Miss Samuelle was given the function [Ark Navigator] to restrict her concept from auto-evolving, although it is useless now since she has become an AI.
Refers to the hostile whims derived from the abyss.
Refers to the native (imitator) whims of human appearances and intelligence. With the development of technology, the level of danger of such whims has gradually decreased. In the past, wars against the humanoid whims were often declared and fought, such as the Campaign of the Abomasum Valley in the Promissory Period. Around the Havenia Period, the method of complete control against humanoid whims has been discovered.
Refers to the edible, captive, and modifiable whims. They originate from existing or extinct vegetation or livestock in Limbo Reality and have developed various, comprehensible or not, mutations.
- Whims that have no edible value are not worthy of being classified as agrarian!
Refers to immobile whims that are difficult to identify their static state since they tend not to sustain in that state. They mostly appear as structures, small handicrafts, and spatially superimposed areas. In a general sense, rational creation, that is, the product of scientific labour should not be referred to as stationaries.
Refers to whimified denizens that retain properties of both.
Refers to the useless whims that are unable to be classified.
Refers to advanced whims capable of traversing nodes. These whims have a higher spawning threshold than other species of the same category.
Originating from human imaginations, they are the purest and most universally generated whims. This classification includes recreations of existing or defunct objects derived from Limbo Reality, as well as those gathered generation value from dwellers of Pixel Tower. At present, it is believed that there are two main causes responsible for the emergence of tangible imitators: phobias and anticipations.
Orientated produced whims by applying intervention methods after humans have discovered the root components of whim creation.
Whims spawned due to the Gilgul of pixel tower residents or schizophrenia of those residents causing them to self-split. The most typical example for this category is Mr.Leaf, a featured writer of the Awake Journal.
- Note: The publication of the characterization composed above was never authorized by Miss Samuelle.